Q & A with Christian Navarro and Scott Sibella
Christian Navarro, President and Principal of Wally’s Wine & Spirits
- Can you tell us a little about the history of Wally’s Wine?
- Wally’s was founded in Los Angeles as a corner liquor store back in 1968. It quickly grew into Hollywood’s go-to fine wine store. In 2013, my partners and I took over and we were set on creating a new idea of having a 21st century experiential wine and food spot where you can dine, shop and socialize. I’m so proud of the culinary gem we created!
- This will be your first location outside of California. Why Vegas?
- Las Vegas is a special place where people from around the world come to discover and experience the greatest in entertainment, food & beverage, hospitality and more. We wanted to be a part of that.
3. Your team will be opening in the first integrated resort to be built and open on the Strip in over a decade, what does that mean to you?
- This means everything to us. The Resorts World team has created the first truly integrated property in Las Vegas history that blends luxury and modern technology. We’re thrilled to be part of the project.
4. How did this partnership with Resorts World Las Vegas come about?
- My friends and partners at Resort World expressed their desire to create a resort experience that had something to offer everyone - from value seekers to high rollers. Everyone will be VIP. That directly correlates with our philosophy and the Wally’s experience. Before the Resorts World team could even finish their proposal, I was all in.
5. Will the Vegas location offer anything different than Beverly Hills and Santa Monica?
- The Las Vegas location will feature the traditional Wally’s experience that our guests have come to know and love in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica, but with a few new surprises that we are excited to announce in the coming months.
6. Without giving too much away, what kind of experience can guests expect from Wally’s Wine Las Vegas?
- Guests can expect a fun, luxurious space to explore an amazing collection of wine and global food offerings at a great value.
7. Your Beverly Hills and Santa Monica locations feature over 100 wines by the glass options, which greatly surpasses the average number of wines by the glass options featured on most restaurant wine menus in Vegas. Can visitors expect to have that same number of options on the Vegas menu?
- Wally’s is all about offering and introducing an array of offerings to our guests. Our Las Vegas menu will offer our 100 wines by the glass with a wide range in price, region, varietals and labels.
8. That number of wines by the glass selections can also be intimidating to some. Do you have any tips for future visitors on how to navigate the unique wine options available?
- We pride ourselves in demystifying the wine and food experience. Like our California stores, we will have a team of highly educated wine experts to help guide guests through our list and impart easy to understand knowledge that helps find the perfect glass of wine at any price point.
Scott Sibella, President of Resorts World Las Vegas
1. Why did you feel Wally’s Wine would be the perfect fit for Resorts World Las Vegas?
- As the first new-build resort on the Las Vegas Strip in over a decade, we’re looking at how we can redefine traditional hospitality experiences. Part of that is bringing new and exciting concepts to Las Vegas. Wally’s is the perfect fit – the unique luxury hybrid concept is unlike anything else in the city and will be a must-try at the resort for visitors and locals alike.
2. How will the Wally’s Wine experience differ from other wine bars in the city?
- Wally’s Wine is much more than a traditional wine bar. The concept blends a restaurant, social wine bar and specialty gourmet market together, giving wine both enthusiasts and novices a place to sip, socialize and explore more than 8,000 labels and 125 wines-by-the-glass. It’s going to be the new place to be on the Strip.
3. What do you like most about the Wally’s experience?
- I like how versatile Wally’s is. You can visit the venue several times and have a totally different experience each time – from grabbing a cocktail before a night out, enjoying a custom wine tasting and cheese platter, or sitting down for a prix-fixe menu with curated wine pairings. It’s also not intimidating. You don’t have to be a wine expert to enjoy everything Wally’s has to offer. It’s designed to be a place for people to come, hang out, explore and enjoy, no matter your level of knowledge around wine.
4. What are you hoping guests will take away by having this Wally’s Wine experience at Resorts World Las Vegas?
- My hope is that guests enjoy Wally’s as much as I do. It’s a great spot and I think our resort guests, as well as Las Vegas locals, will love it. Our vision is to create a seamlessly integrated resort and I hope they see how perfectly Wally’s fits in with the overall Resorts World experience.